Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I've made mistakes in my life. I've let people take advantage of me, and I accepted way less than I deserve. But, I've learned from my bad choices and even though there are some things I can never get back and people who will never be sorry, I'll know better next time and I won't settle for anything less than I deserve.

Tom Jones Ako!

Hahay . . . Boring talaga araw ko pag wala si Hubby. September na ulit at wala pa akong latest FHM issue. LOL! Si Hubby kasi nasa malayo.

I wanted to thank FHM pala for sharing some recipes from their August 2008 issue ang laki ng tulong ng recipe niyo para sa mga tulad kung tamad at laging de lata inuulam.

SPICY TUNA CALDERETA CROCQUETTAS

(sosyal and tuna ko. . .)




INGREDIENTS:

For Dry Bechamel:

112.5g (1/2 bar) butter
100g all purpose flour
500ml milk
1 tsp salt and pepper
1 chicken broth

For Sauteed Tuna:

2tbsp olive oil
1 cup white onion
3 gloves garlic
1 can tuna (Caldereta flavor), sauce discarded
1tsp chili flakes or chili powder

For Standard Breading:

1 cup flour
2 eggs, whipped
1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs

PROCEDURE:

For the dry bechamel, melt butter in a non-stick pan. Add all-purpose flour to make a paste called "roux".

Over medium heat, cook the flour thoroughly until slightly browned.

When the roux starts giving off a slight nutty aroma, add milk and continue stirring until the mixture is stiff. Season with salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Set aside and cool. (Dry bechamel should look like stiff mashed potatoes.)

In a separate pan, saute onions and garlic in olive oil. Add Tuna and simmer until sauce is almost dry.

Once both are cool enough to handle, fold sauteed tuna in the dry bechamel and form into even balls.

Coat the croquettas in flour and then roll in egg mixture. Roll the croquettas in breadcrumbs and set aside before frying.

Galing no? Tuna food na naging Sosyal!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home